Hiện kết quả từ 1 tới 5 của 5

Chủ đề: Welcome to UK

svBK's Member Avatar của kem chờ đợi
    Tham gia ngày
    May 2005
    Bài gửi

Mặc định Welcome to UK

Dear everybody
    Base on one main of subject which we have to study "British Culture" and I think everybody are familiar with some UK's images. Anyway, i hope we can learn and know more about some aspect of British culture.
    Pls post the place or the things u like in Britain
    I hope this topic can help student in our falcuty will have some ideas in the subject of British culture and it will be useful for ur studying.
    Let's start:
    The Houses of Parliament

The Houses of Parliament are sometimes referred to as the Palace of Westminster because it was built for Edward the Confessor and then, from 1066, it became the main residence of William the Conqueror and his successors until the reign of Henry VIII in the 16th century.

Parliament, as we know it today, evolved from meetings held by the King's Council in Westminster Hall, part of the palace.

In 1834 a disastrous fire destroyed much of the building with the exception of Westminster Hall, the Cloisters and the Jewel Tower. The fire was caused by burning a large quantity of elm sticks (used as tally sticks to keep the Exchequer's accounts) in a large furnace beneath the Lords' Chamber. Within hours much of the Palace of Westminster was destroyed.

Architects were invited to submit plans for the new building in the Gothic or Elizabethan style and Sir Charles Barry was the winning architect. Because Barry had limited experience of Gothic architecture he teamed up with Augustus Welby Pugin. Building work commenced in 1837. The House of Lords opened ten years later and four years after that, the Commons also opened.
    (source ask.co.uk)

HUT's Master Avatar của nhanbachkhoa
    Tham gia ngày
    Dec 2003
    Bài gửi

Mặc định

Sorry, but I haven't ever in England, so, no comment and no contribution

HUT's Student Avatar của ellie
    Tham gia ngày
    Mar 2006
    Bài gửi

Mặc định

I think it's a good idea for everyone to share their knowledge about the UK here but there's still a better idea that you guys can use google.co.ụk to search. This way is much more effective since you can get almost everything you want from internet nowadays, rite?
    Good luck with your study!
    Que sera sera !

HUT's Master Avatar của NhânBáchKhoa
    Tham gia ngày
    Mar 2006
    Bài gửi

Mặc định

If you use Google or whatever relating searching machines or tools, what you find would be only kind of theory. You should search the real experiences of the real persons
    Nắng đã khuất bên thềm nhà
    Tay em nâng phím đàn buồn sao em
    Lại khóc khóc một mình ...

************.oooO****************
    ************(..... )*****Oooo.******
    *************\ ...(*****(......)******
    **************\ _)*****)..../*******
    *********************( _ /********

HUT's Student Avatar của ellie
    Tham gia ngày
    Mar 2006
    Bài gửi

Mặc định

Really? I didn't know that. But as kem chờ đợi post, I dun see anyone's real experiences there.

Anyway, British Council's writing competitions for international students in the UK about the UK should be helpful for you :biggrin: as far as you can find the competitor's essays.

Otherwise, if you are patient enough, go to

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13

which is the biggest and the most popular student-forum in the UK ( for both British and international students ).

Read wat they said or you yourself can open topics or surveys to collect the information you need.

+ Trả lời chủ đề

Thông tin chủ đề