Authoritative guide to Oracle WebLogic Server-from Oracle insidersIf you’re an experienced Java developer who wants to expand your skills, Professional Oracle WebLogic Server is the perfect guide for you. This book is written by a top-notch author team that that includes one of the lead architects from Oracle’s Fusion Middleware Development Architects team.
Follow their best practices, workarounds, and sound techniques and confidently develop even the most mission-critical applications with WebLogic Server.
This book fully covers WebLogic Server 11g, including the new features of both JEE 5 and WebLogic Server, as well as JEE 5 annotations, Spring, JPA, JAX-WS, JMS Store-And-Forward, SAML support, and the WLST administrative scripting tool.
This book is the authoritative guide to
* Choosing a Web application architecture
* Best practices for development and production environments
* Designing an Java EE application
* Building Enterprise JavaBeans in WebLogic Server
* Building an EJB application
* Packaging and deploying WebLogic web applications
* Developing and deploying web services
* Using WebLogic JMS
* Using WebLogic security
* Administering and deploying applications in WebLogic Server
* Optimizing WebLogic Server performance
From the Back Cover
Best practices for developing WebLogic Server applicationsWritten by a team of Oracle insiders and experts in the development of enterprise-class Java EE applications, this professional-level book provides best practices for developing and deploying WebLogic Server applications. The authors share their real-world experience and knowledge of WebLogic Server and its features to help you understand not only how things can be done, but also how things should be done.
* Includes tips for choosing a Java EE application architecture
* Walks you through various design solutions, architectures, construction techniques, deployment options, and management techniques
* Features a realistic example application that leverages key technologies such as JSP, Spring MVC, EJB 3.0, JPA, and JAX-WS
* Details each aspect of the decisions made during the development and deployment of the sample application
* Contains best practices for configuring, managing, and tuning development and production environments
* Explores techniques for using WebLogic Server JMS and WebLogic security
About the Author
Robert Patrick is a VP in Oracle’s Fusion Middleware Development organization responsible for a team of Solution Architects. He specializes in designing and building large, mission-critical systems with WebLogic Server and other middleware technology. He is coauthor of Mastering BEA WebLogic Server.
Gregory Nyberg has more than 20 years of experience in the design and development of object-oriented systems and specializes in large mission-critical systems using WebLogic Server. He is coauthor of Mastering BEA WebLogic Server.
Philip Aston works for Oracle’s SOA Consulting team in the UK. He is widely respected throughout Oracle for his expertise in WebLogic Server.
* Paperback: 816 pages
* Publisher: Wrox; 1 edition (October 26, 2009)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0470484306
* ISBN-13: 978-0470484302