User Tag List

+ Trả lời chủ đề
Trang 1/4 123 ... CuốiCuối
Hiện kết quả từ 1 tới 10 của 40

Chủ đề: Speaking English

Inspiron

Mặc định

There is no doubt that speaking is one of the most important skills in English.However,there are not so many people who can speak English fluently.As we can see,we students barely have a chance to practice speaking English in our schools as well as in a normal life.Even the English teachers don't speak English much while they're teaching their classes.They often speak some very basic sentences,just like " Open ur book plz" or "stand up plz"..etc,.And that makes the students have a very poor speaking.Some people see that problem, and they set up some speaking English clubs in order to create a mastery of Engish for everybody who wants to improve their speaking English by talking to each other in English once a week.Also,there have been a few language centers setting up have been taught by native speakers.But the cost is very expensive so there are not many people can attend those.

I've just posted this topic because I want our members to discuss about our experiences of speaking English.This would be a very exciting,interesting as well as useful topic for everybody.If there is anyone who has a question, just raise your hand and post your question up on here.And some people will be able to answer your question as soon as they can.Certainly, I will really need everyone's help and contribution on this topic.As a moderator of this box, I would appreciate it.

Now, I'm giving my questions for u guys to discuss about it.This is my questions :

- What kind of English would you like to speak ? American English, British English, Australian English , Indian English..etc,.
    - Why ?
    - Could u please tell us ur experiences about speaking English, esp the one that you choose ?

Anyway,thanks for reading my topic.Please feel free to ask the question and post your comment.

Inspiron.

bjet4

Mặc định

Yeah, In vietnamese society, although english is becoming a favorable language, we rarely hear two vietnamese talk to each other in english. I support your idea inspiron.

I don't know what kind of english I use to talk, but maybe Australian-english because I sometimes talk with Australian. And my teacher of English is graduated from Australian. So that's why I think I use Australian style.

I'm not sure my speaking is good. however, 1 year ago, My teacher of english said that, my pronounciation is very good. I don't know why. But maybe, I started english at the age of 7 so my tongue is soft enough to speak well. 2 weeks ago, I also talked to an American from the North. He had the same thought. I think experiences in speaking can't share by posting topic here. It's very difficult to express our feeling as well as speak out our words about speaking experiences.

Anyway, your topic you raised is useful but difficult to reply! Thank you for contributing helpful topic!

Inspiron

Mặc định

Hello Binhjuventus ! I think you're the only one who's interested in my topic although there are a lot of members who're very good at English, esp in speaking.Similar to yours , I think the most important thing to speak English well is pronunciation.No matter what kind of English and how fluently you speak , the people cannot understand you if your pronunciation is not good .Some mistakes of speaking English that our Vietnamese people usually make is that they pronounce incorrectly.And that makes the listener get confused of what you're saying.In my own experience, I recommend everybody to pratice your pronunciation everyday as correctly as in the dictionary.You can use some eletric dictionaries which have the talking option on these.The more correctly you pronounce , the better speaking you get.
    As you told, I think you have good pronunciation Binhjuventus.You will speak English very well if you keep it up.
    From myself, I prefer to speak American English.I think it's softer to speak than the others.Also, I like American accent.

Is there anybody else got your own ideas ? Please feel free to discuss with us !

Inspiron.

bjet4

Mặc định

I'm not the one Inspiron, but I'm much interested in improving my writing english. It's clear that few people pay attention to this box. However, as time goes by, they will realize the importance of english esp writing.

I think this box is suitable with writing and reading practice rather than speaking or listening of course.

I hope that you can develop this box more attractive.

binhjuventus!

Inspiron

Mặc định

Yeah, I just think about what you said above.What do you think about the connection between writing and speaking in a person ? Here is what I think : the one who can speak English fluently, might not be good at writing.And the one who is very good at writing, probably speaks English very well.
    So what we're doing here is one of some ways to improve our speaking.
    Well, I really want to develop this box to be more attactive and interesting but I cannot do it by myself only.That's why I need a lot of contribution from every members.

bjet4

Mặc định

The four skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening can not be seperated. They interact upon each other. But, maybe speaking is also the one can be out of the four. But I think, Vietnamese has a good english pronouciation. (I mean the majority)!

matrix

Mặc định

Originally posted by binhjuventus@Jan 26 2003, 11:56 AM
    . But I think, Vietnamese has a good english pronouciation. (I mean the majority)!
    What do u mean ?

nevergiveuponyourfaith_girl83

Mặc định

Hey, Inspiron ! I think this topic is very useful to all of us but it's too difficult for us to give some experiences of speaking English . If you study regularly each day , step by step your vocabulary and speaking English skills will increase . Learning English is like studying another foreign language , it takes you long time to study well . Each day you learn 7-10 words , practise it whenever possible , how is your English vocabulary later time ? If you study English seriously , sooner or later you 'll become fluent . If you have free time , you can chat with any foreigner on Net . That not only broadens your knowledge of any country but also makes your capatability of English better . At first English was difficult for me , speaking English is behond what I can afford but later I made great progress . If you want to speak English well , plz come on and try utmost to achieve it . That's all I want to tell you .
    Anyway thanks for reading my opinion .

lord of the worm

Mặc định

now you try to use english to post here, => increace your experiment, vocabulary, etc

Inspiron

Mặc định

Thanks everyone for replying my topic. Come on and say more.

+ Trả lời chủ đề
Trang 1/4 123 ... CuốiCuối

Thông tin chủ đề